$150.00 per session (approximately 1hr).
(See, "Reduced Rates & Sliding Fee Scale.")
Counseling services are typically covered in full or in part (co-pay) by health insurance or by your employee benefit's plan (EAP). Your counseling will be billed as individual counseling. If your partner participates they will be seen as a collaborative participant. If you ask whether your insurance policy covers marriage or family therapy you will usually be told no. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Most importantly, "What is my annual deductible and has it been met?
- "Do sessions need pre-authorization and or a doctor's referral?" If so, please ask for a pre-authorization number by calling the customer service number on the back of your insurance card.
The Following Insurance Plans & EAPs are Accepted by ROGER SHAW COUNSELING
(Please be aware that Roger Shaw Counseling Does NOT Accept HEALH ALLIANCE HMO)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois (PPO)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield / Blue Choice
- Blue Cross Blue Shield / Blue Edge
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Association (out-of-network)
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Anthem EAP
- AETNA Behavioral Health
- LifeWorks EAP (Ceridian) (State Farm)
- BEACON (Formerly Value Options)
- ComPsych (EAP)
- Care Improvements Plus (A Medicare Advantage Plan)
- United Behavioral Health
- United Healthcare
- CIGNA Behavioral Health/ CIGNA EAP
- People Help (Fed-X EAP)
- Magellan Healthcare
- Healthlink (PPO/HMO)
- Postal EAP (Magellan)
- Tricare (call first/case by case basis)
- Morneau Shepell (formerly Chestnut Global Partners)
- New Dimensions
- Behavioral Health Advantages
- Memorial EAP (Abraham Lincoln Memorial Hospital & Springfield Clinic)
- Bensinger, Dupont & Assoc. (Morneau Shepell)
- US Behavioral Health
- California/Life EPA
- Managed Health Network Inc.
- Perspectives EAP
- Others (Please refer individually if your insurance carrier is not listed as Illinois is a consumer choice state.)
- Please be aware that Roger Shaw Counseling DOES NOT ACCEPT HEALTH ALLIANCE HMO.
Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
Many employers provide short term counseling as a benefit at no cost to their employees. Typically, three to six sessions are provided by a contracted licensed counselor and paid for in full by their employer. Please contact your human resources or employee benefits department and inquire regarding your EAP benefits coverage. If I am not currently enrolled as a provider in your EAP network, there is usually a rather simple process to secure in-network status.
Reduced Fee & Sliding Fee Scale
Reduced fee for services using a sliding fee scale is available under applicable conditions.
When applicable, the following sliding fee scale is used to determine the per session rate and is based upon "combined household income."
- $100,000 and Above $120.00 per session
- $90,000 - $99,999 $100.00 per session
- $80,000 - $89,999 $90.00 per session
- $70,000 - $79,999 $80.00 per session
- $60,000 - $69,999 $70.00 per session
- $50,000 - $59,000 $60.00 per session
- $49,999 - Below $50.00 per session
Payment is expected at the time of services rendered. Cash, check and all major credit cards are accepted for payment.
Insurance claim forms will be submitted to your insurance company for reinbursement of fees in accordance with your insurnace policy's stated coverage limits.
If you do not show up for your scheduled appointment, and you have not given notification at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the treatment as booked. This time has been reserved for you and denied to others.
Request an appointment on-line here.
Questions? Please contact me for further information.